This full program:
- Includes all 3 courses, comprising of live webinars, also available online afterwards as recordings, plus the supporting online videos
- Lease accounting under AASB 16
- Pandemic and natural disasters – accounting issues arising
- Accounting for Income of Not-for-Profits
- Additional Live Q&A webinar session, your opportunity to raise questions on issues when preparing or auditing financial statements for 30th June 2020. You can raise questions at the session or in advance and hear what other accountants are asking. Topics are not limited to those covered in other parts of the program.
- Exclusive only to the full program:
- Digital reference notes along with illustrative calculations and disclosures for new requirements and checklists.
- 5 hours of interactive online training videos covering:
- June 2020 changes in 10 minutes (a guide to using the program content)
- Changes in reporting frameworks and rules for June 2020
- The new Conceptual Framework, Materiality and changes in accounting policy versus changes in estimates
- Regime change: Special Purpose Financial Statements conversion to general purpose, and Reduced Disclosures to Specified Disclosures – includes what needs to be done for June 2020
- ASIC's concerns and interventions - things to watch out for including Impairment, non-IFRS disclosures, Operating and Financial Review, revenue recognition, climate risk-related disclosure
- Tax-accounting issues including new Interpretation 23 and tax-effect accounting after AASB 16
- Revisiting AASBs 15, 9 and 7 – what issues were encountered and where were there common errors?
- What’s coming up – a snapshot of changes affecting future periods
- Assembling your 2020 financial statements – disclosures for the new standards, disclosing errors including misapplication of AASB 15 and 9
Through many years of our workshop series it has been clear that accounts preparation issues come from more than just this year’s changes. You can use this session to clarify thoughts that may have arisen from the earlier material, or raise new issues. A sounding board discussion can help you put problems into perspective and find the path to solutions.
David will respond to questions and welcome your comments. Selected pre-submitted questions will be worked through on-screen and through discussion. Questions posed on the day through the chat will be addressed through discussion and references to any relevant program materials.
You'll get access to:
- 3 Live Webinars - held weekly
- 1 hour Live Q&A session
- 10 hours of supporting training video to watch at your own pace
David Sauer B. Com., FCA
Principal, David Sauer, Chartered Accountant
David is an independent consultant who has provided practical professional development for accountants across Australia for over 30 years.
He worked for 11 years with Deloitte and then Moore Stephens, where he was involved with writing model financial statements.
His training services are appreciated because of his understanding of the technical issues combined with an ability to communicate with affected parties of differing backgrounds.
David is able to draw on a wide range of circumstances to present training, including cases drawn from the technical advice he provides to accountants and directors of entities large and small.
Cancellations made 3 days or more prior to the events start date can be rescheduled to a different event within the online program or Refunded
Cancellations made less than 24 hours of the events start date or after the event has started: No refund
No shows - No Refund